- 700g butternut squash or pumpkin, seeded, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 375g penne pasta
- 100g pesto
- 20g parmesan, finely grated
- 60g baby rocket leaves
- 35g walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 2 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 180°C. Place butternut squash or pumpkin in a roasting pan lined with baking paper. Drizzle with oil. Season. Roast for 30 mins or until tender, adding tomatoes for the last 10 mins of cooking.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain, reserving 125ml of cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan.
Add the pesto, parmesan, rocket, squash/pumpkin mixture and reserved cooking liquid to the pasta in the pan Toss. to combine. Sprinkle with walnuts and pumpkin seeds. Season.