Heritage supporting Ukraine fundraising efforts
With the conflict continuing in the Ukraine more than half of Ukraine’s 7.5 million children have now been displaced.
Homes, schools, water supplies and hospitals have been damaged or destroyed. Children have been separated from their families and hundreds of thousands of people have been left without safe water, electricity or water. Explosives including landmines are a daily threat to children’s lives.
More than 3 million people have also now fled Ukraine, with the number expected to climb to 5 million.
How UNICEF is helping children in Ukraine
Unicef have been working tirelessly to keep children safe since this conflict began eight years ago and are determined to remain in Ukraine to reach the most vulnerable children and families. They are:
- Helping to provide families with access to clean water and healthy food.
- Delivering lifesaving supplies to support families who have been forced to flee.
- Have delivered vital medical supplies to 49 hospitals across Ukraine improving access to healthcare for 400,000 mothers, new-borns and children.
- Are increasing the number of mobile child protection teams working inside conflict zones to ensure that children have access to support.
- Working with local governments across neighbouring countries and the UNHCR to create “Blue dot safe spaces” for children and women. These spaces provide key information to families seeking refuge, psychosocial support, water and sanitation supplies, and help in identifying and protecting unaccompanied and separated children.
£32 can help pay for a large first aid kit for a health worker, £46 can help provide a family with an emergency water and hygiene kit and £80 can help pay for school supplies to help at least 20 children continue their education in an emergency.
How we have helped so far…
Mother’s day recipe boxes 20% profits
Thank you to everyone who purchased a mother’s day recipe box which we agreed to donate 20% of profits to the Unicef Ukraine fund. We are delighted to have made a donation and have topped it up to £100 from the sales of these boxes.
Fruit and Veg Donations towards Devizes Food and Drink Festival Ukraine fundraising community supper
In addition to this donation we have also donated all the fruit and vegetables for the main courses for a Ukraine fundraising community supper being held on Wednesday 30th March and along with other companies and community donations all funds raised will go directly to fundraising efforts.
Fruit and Veg Donations to Roth Bar and Grill Cook for Ukraine Appeal
Heritage made donations to the Roth Bar and Grill Cook for Ukraine Appeal. This event and auction have raised a huge £100,000 so far.