Roast sweet potato, beetroot and red onion salad with miso dressing
Time: 30 – 40 mins
Try this vegetarian roast sweet potato, beetroot and red onion salad with miso dressing out for size. You can roast the veg up to 3 hours ahead and dress and toss before serving.
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into wedges (skin left on)
- 2 small beetroot, trimmed and cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- Glug of olive oil
- 50g rocket or baby spinach
- Fresh coriander leaves or micro herbs to serve
- Fresh lime wedges to serve
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 4 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
Heat the oven to 200°C/180°fan/gas 6. Mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl. Toss the vegetables with the olive oil and some salt and pepper in a roasting tin. Roast for 30-40 minutes until tender, tossing with half the dressing for the final 10 minutes.
Toss the roast veg in a bowl with the rocket or spinach leaves and the rest of the dressing then divide among your 2 plates, sprinkle with coriander (or micro herbs) and serve with lime wedges.