Mushroom Stroganoff – Eat Healthy for Less
Time: 20 mins
£1.21 per serving
This is the best mushroom stroganoff recipe that is easy to make and ready in just 20 minutes. It’s creamy, so delicious and just £1.21 per serving. Let us know if you have a go at this dish and tag us in picture on Facebook and Instagram.
Recipe inspiration & image source: Bianca Zapatka
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories 376kcals; Carbohydrates 52.7g; Dietary Fibre 3g; Total Fat 9.8g; Sat Fat 4.9g; Protein 21g; Salt 0.2g.
- 300g pasta, tagliatelle, spaghetti, or whichever you prefer
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 500g chestnut mushrooms
- 360ml veg stock
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard optional
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 360ml milk
- Parmesan, to serve
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain well and leave aside. Toss a little oil in the cook pasta to prevent it from sticking and drying out.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions and fry until slightly browned.
- Add the remaining oil along with the garlic and mushrooms and stir to combine. Continue frying for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- In a jug whisk together the vegetable stock, soy sauce, and flour until smooth. Pour into the pan along with the mustard. Stir in the milk until combined. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 – 10 minutes until thickened to desired consistency.
- Season with paprika, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add in the pasta, toss well to combine and cook until heated throughout.
- Garnish with parmesan and serve immediately.