Rob’s Pasta Peperonata
Time: 1 hr
Suitable for Vegetarians
Enjoy Rob’s delicious Pasta Peperonata – a fantastic, easily adaptable dish to be shared with all the family.
Rob says ‘A great family favourite. I add chicken as my boys are carnivores – I also added a courgette which needed using up, both are optional‘.
Leave out the chicken to keep this dish vegetarian.
- 2 red peppers, sliced and diced
- 2 yellow pepper, slice and diced
- Olive oil
- Salt and black cracked pepper, to season
- 2 red onions, sliced and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, sliced or grated
- 2 handfuls of Parmesan
- 500g of any pasta
- Good swig of balsamic vinegar
- 2 good tbsp of mascarpone
- Flat leaf parsley to serve, optional
- Chop the veg.
- Slowly cook the pepper and courgette (if using) on a medium heat for about 10 minutes, making sure it doesn’t burn! Cook to soften and sweeten, add in a drizzle of oil and season.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Season again and add the balsamic vinegar, keep moving in the pan to ensure everything is coated.
- Add 1 handful of Parmesan and the mascarpone and stir. Turn down the heat to low heat.
- If you’re added chicken to this dish, sear in a pan and place in the oven for 20 mins at 200C.
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta, reserving some of the water. Add the pasta to the veg, stir everything together adding some of the water from the pasta and a good glug of olive oil.
- Serve whilst hot and top with the remaining Parmesan.