Home Schooling Pizza in a Pan
“An easy Friday lunch thing for anybody home schooling!” Rob
- 1 1/2 cups of self-rasing flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- Glug of olive oil
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of mixed herbs
- Glug of red wine vinegar or balsamic
- 1 tsp tomato puree
Toppings Choose whatever topping you like
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- 1 red chilli sliced and diced
- Sliced salami
- Grated parmesan
- Grated mozzarella
- Preheat your grill and make sure it’s hot and ready to go.
- Add the flour, salt and water together to form a dough and add a glug of olive oil to the mixture. You can do it in a food processor or by hand, it will be quite wet.
- Dust the surface and rolling pin with flour and roll out to the size of the frying pan you are using. (You can put the dough in the fridge until you are ready to eat but eat within an hour of making ideally).
- The frying pan should be hot with a small amount of olive oil. Put your pizza base down into the frying pan and press the edges up to the edge of the pan.
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce into a jug and blend.
- Spoon a thin layer over your pizza whilst in the pan, too much and the dough will not cook and be soggy.
- Load up your pizza with fillings of your choice, place under the grill and cook for 6-7 mins or until how you like it.
Put foil around the handle of your frying pan to prevent it from getting too hot!
Depending on the size of your pan you can always make two, don’t throw excess dough away.
Sauce can always be frozen or kept in the fridge for the next day depending on how much you like your children!