Burst cherry plum tomato sauce spaghetti
Time: 20 mins
- 150g spaghetti pasta
- Kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 punnet cherry plum tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- Small handful coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Freshly grated Parmesan (for serving)
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a 12” frying pan or wide heavy saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add garlic, then tomatoes, pepper, sugar, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes burst and release their juices to form a sauce, 6–8 minutes.
Toss pasta with tomato sauce and basil.
Top with Parmesan to your taste.